Be sure the game canvas is in focus (click on it).
- Move with ESDF. (The player 2 default controls on the PICO-8.)
- Fire with the arrow keys.
- P pauses the game.
My main goal with this game was to figure out a fluid control scheme. As it turns out, the PICO-8 is incredibly easy to get a simple game up and running. This release took me a day of work. It helps that I already know Lua. Overall, it reminds me of the "games" I used to write using GW-BASIC on my parents' Tandy 1000.
- Properly end the game when the player collides with an enemy.
- More enemy variety.
- Add bombs and time buffer (slow-mo).
- Add a scoring system.
- Add sounds.
- Add music.
- Add background image to liven up the screen.
- Build a movable camera system so that the arena can be larger.
- Add gameplay mods.
- Replace simple shapes with animated sprites.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.